Taatuisms: The Wisdom of a Four-Year Old Girl

Committing some of Taatu’s point-of-views to cyber-memory, before I entirely forget about them. I wish I started recording her comments earlier, but as they say better late than never:

On Sleep:
Baba: Taatu go to sleep
Taatu: I am sleepin’
Baba: Then why are you still talking?
Taatu: I am sleep talking
***
On Choice of School:
Taatu: Mama, when I grow up which college will I go to?
Mama: You’ll go to Harvard anak (Hopefully the one in Boston, not the one in Laguna)
Taatu: Does Harvard have a playground?
Mama: Good question, that’s a very important criterion!
***
On Work-Life Balance
After a tiring day,
Mama: I am stressed out from running around all day
Taatu: Then don’t run. Just walk, walk, walk
***
Taatu: What’s the point of you coming home early if you anyway talk to your office Baba?
***
Malls and Window Shopping
Taatu: Mama I want to go to Tanglin Mall
Mama: Give me 5 reasons why you want to go to Tanglin Mall
Taatu:
  • 1.     I like Tanglin Mall
  • 2.     I like to play in Tanglin Mall
  • 3.     I like to go restaurant in Tanglin Mall
  • 4.     I like to eat ice cream in the restaurant in Tanglin Mall
  • 5.     I like to eat the cold part of the ice cream in the restaurant in Tanglin Mall

***
Passing by a jewelry shop, Taatu stopped to admire the glitter.
Baba and Mama: Come let’s go, you don’t need those yet.
Taatu: I want!
Baba: We’ll buy you a real diamond when you grow up
Taatu: I don’t want a diamond, I don’t want a diamond (with a matching pout)
Mama: Then we’ll buy you a heart
Taatu: Ok (smilingJ)

***
Others

Baba: Taatu said she doesn’t like to eat Kabati (Hajmola - a digestive aid candy) anymore. Mama, do you have any comments about that?
Taatu: Mama can I eat your comments?
***

Upon getting letters from our mailbox, Baba gave Taatu a couple of envelopes from advertisers:
Taatu: What? Is this all I get? A bill?
***

Baba: Taatu, which between these two pairs of socks should I wear? This one or this one?
Taatu: Both
***

Popular posts from this blog

Pinto Art Museum: A Must-Visit Art Destination in Philippines

Bhutan: Windows and Doors of Bhutan (Land of Happiness)

The Lotus Pond at Gardens by the Bay