Singapore Botanic Gardens: A Unesco World Heritage Site

Singapore Botanics is a huge place, and I don't think I've covered the entire place despite having visited a few times. I've posted some snaps of the Jacob Ballas Children's Garden earlier. Today, I was with my fellow photography enthusiasts, and we explored that area near the Tanglin Gate. We started our trek, very early in the morning, from a nice quiet patch behind Food for Thought, and walked all the way, stopping by along a pond, and ending at the waterfalls (I know, I know, there are many waterfalls at the Botanics, and I don't remember seeing the labels). The sun had just come out, and it was not too glaring or too hot yet. It was a pleasure to walk in that kind of weather, a pleasure magnified by the fact that it was not too crowded being a weekday morning.

Some foliage and floras along the way:


A new bulb emerges as an old one withers

In search of a good meal

A picture paints a thousand words they say



Patience is the name of the game: this dragonfly looks all serene, but it took awhile before I could catch it in this pose



Which is bigger, the sky or the pond?

Some swan lake

Look at the sky...

Yeah, and this is yellow too

Look at these lines, they're all yellow too!


Same waterfalls at lower shutter speed
#Singapore #yoursingapore #SingaporeBotanics

Popular posts from this blog

Pinto Art Museum: A Must-Visit Art Destination in Philippines

Bhutan: Windows and Doors of Bhutan (Land of Happiness)

The Lotus Pond at Gardens by the Bay